Toners are an essential product for oily skin, as it offers remarkable gains. Thus make sure to never miss out on your toner because it provides a benefit of two times more than your cleansers. Cleansers will only clear out your skin but your toner will remove all the dirt or residue left.
According to board-certified dermatologist Dr. Corey L. Hartman, “Toners are good for oily skin because they penetrate the pores to provide a more thorough cleansing and help balance your complexion,” “They can remove excess oil, inhibit blackheads, and exfoliate—all common problems for those with oily, acne-prone skin.” Moreover, toners also tighten your skin and making your skin firmer.
But sometimes chemically induced toner will harm your skin you cannot even imagine. So how amazing would it be to make natural homemade toners at home with these trouble-free ingredients?
Keep reading for the best natural homemade toners for oily skin types.
OUR TOP NATURAL HOMEMADE TONERS
1. MINT LEAVES
Mint leaves are one of the natural homemade toners on our list, which is known as mentha. These leaves are far and wide used for several skincare benefits. Using mint leaves as a toner will give your skin a revitalizing and soothing effect. All thanks to its mild astringent properties that will help you get rid of acne caused by oily skin. Not only that, it will shrink as well as detoxify all the open pores that may sometimes lead to blackhead and whitehead.
In addition, it will help your skin in controlling sebum production and also clear out dead skin cells. Mint leaves provide antibacterial properties for your skin which can reduce the growth of bacteria that causes inflammation. It has also salicylic acid in them which helps your skin prevent acne.
HOW TO USE MINT LEAVES TONER
1. Add few glasses of water to a boiling pot.
2. Now add mint leaves to it and start boiling.
3. After a couple of minutes remove the pot from the heat and let it cool down.
4. Pour the solution into the bottle and put it in the refrigerator.
5. Next, wipe the solution on your face just as you use your everyday toner.
Cucumber is a tremendous ingredient to treat oily skin especially when used as a toner. It contains vitamin A and E which helps in deep cleansing the pores. Also, did you know that cucumbers contain 90% of water making your skin moisturized and hydrated as well as leaving your skin super soft and smooth. Your pores can become clog due to environmental pollutants which can result in breakout and blackheads. What cucumber does is cleanse your pores and overall skin. It can also tighten the skin and shrinks the pores. Cucumber water can give your skin a refreshing look due to its cooling effect.
HOW TO USE CUCUMBER WATER TONER
1. Cut slices from half of the fresh cucumber slices.
2. Add some water to a pan and add those sliced cucumbers.
3. Bring it to boil.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool down.
5. Once the solution turns cold, filter out the juice in a spray bottle.
3. WHITE VINEGAR AND ROSE WATER
White vinegar is the incredible elixir to treat your oily skin. Using it as a toner can bring back the natural PH level of your skin. It is used as natural exfoliation that removes all the dirt, impurities, and dead skin cells out from your skin while cleaning your pores as it contains acetic acid, which in turn, can add a radiant glow to your face.
Dr. Roberta Del Campo, a Miami-based dermatologist tells “Vinegar is a well-known home remedy for acne. It acts as an antiseptic, killing the bacteria on the skin that can lead to breakouts, as well as tightening pores and drying out the pimple, leading to a faster resolution”. Whereas, rose water will give your face a refreshing look. So what’s stopping you?
HOW TO USE WHITE VINEGAR AND ROSE WATER TONER
1. Add two tablespoons of white vinegar and 8 tablespoons of chilled water to a bowl.
2. Mix it well and transfer the solution in a reusable bottle.
3. Store the bottle in a refrigerator. You can use the mixture as your toner for up to 5 days.
4. To use this toner, take a cotton pad or cotton bad and soak it in the mixture. Squeeze out the access and rub it on your face after cleansing your face thoroughly.
4. GREEN TEA
What green tea does will leave you in awe as it is loaded with antioxidants that will prevent your skin from getting affected by free radicals caused by sun damage that will result in youthful-looking skin. Green tea has the knack to lock the moisture in your skin making your skin stay hydrated. Polyphenol is an antioxidant and because of it green tea acts as an anti-aging toner. In addition, Green tea toner will maintain your skin’s PH level and it is also used to control excess sebum production.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN TEA TONER
1. Boil some water and pour it into a cup.
2. Put a green tea in it until fused completely.
3. Let it cool down and put it in the refrigerator after pouring the brewed green tea in a bottle.
4. Next, with the help of a cotton bud rub the miraculous toner on your face.
Water is the only solution to every skincare problem as it not only removes internal toxins from inside your body but toxins on the outside as well and using ice-cold water will be an additional benefit for your oily skin. It will help control sebum production on your skin and it will also tighten your enlarged pores. Using this natural homemade toner will improve blood circulation giving your skin an extra glow for the day. Green tea’s anti-inflammatory properties will help you get rid of acne inflammation making your skin appear soft and smooth.
HOW TO USE ICE-COLD WATER TONER
1. Fill the bowl with cold water.
2. Add few ice cubes enough to keep the water chilled.
3. Dip your face deep enough as long as you can bear the chilled water.
4. Or you can also take some cotton bud and dip it in the cold water.
5. Squeeze out the excess and rub it on your face.
6. LEMON JUICE AND PEPPERMINT TEA
Lemon can be used as a toner to help brighten up your skin tone. It acts as a natural astringent which helps minimize your pores. Lemon juice is an effective remedy for your oily skin which controls excess oil secreted by sebaceous glands. On the other hand, peppermint tea contains antioxidants and an anti-inflammatory property that works as a kickass remedy for oily acne-prone skin.
HOW TO USE LEMON JUICE AND PEPPERMINT TEA TONER
1. In a cup of boiling water infuse a peppermint tea bag.
2. Let the tea cools down and further stir in lemon juice.
3. Pour the solution into a spray bottle and store it in a refrigerator.
4. Spritz the toner on your face on your cleansed skin.