DRY SHAMPOO 101
If we go a few years back people had very less options available to get rid of their oily hair but thanks to the experts who came up with an amazing product known as dry shampoo that is known to give your hair a natural boost of freshness. It can save your day when you are in a hurry or during winter seasons when the cold breeze makes you lazy enough to miss your hair showers (not a good suggestion to go with). However, when you are starting to use a product you must understand everything about it to avoid any impairment. So here we come with everything you need to know before using dry shampoo.
WHAT IS DRY SHAMPOO
This is not just a normal hair product it is a type that can give your hair from a greasy look to making it look fresh as the ingredients inside this product let the oil soak up on your scalp.
HOW TO CHOOSE DRY SHAMPOO
If you have curly strands, seek out a dry shampoo that also has moisturizing elements. for those who tend to have an oily scalp, use a dry shampoo that’s formulated to be super absorbent. while everyone’s hair and scalp needs are different, make sure you use the dry shampoo once or twice a week to maintain good hair health. product description needs to be understood. You can also make your dry shampoo at home then look out for the ingredient that matches your hair color if you have dark brown to black hair go for activated charcoal whereas people with red hair can go with cinnamon and people with brown hair should choose cocoa powder.
HOW DOES DRY SHAMPOO WORKS
keep in mind dry shampoo can never replace regular shampoo. but it can help you get rid of the greasiness and excessive oil (that your scalp and hair produces) for a specific period. dry shampoo works best due to the active ingredients such as alcohols or starch present in it. “the components of starch absorb the oils to give a grease-free appearance and feel,” which is useful when prolonging your blowouts and keeping hair oil-free between washes, says gio bargallo, colorist at rita hazan in new york city. “it can also be used in hairstyling to create volume and body. these ingredients take in all the oils and sweat from your scalp and hair resulting in cleaner and fresher hair.
certain amount of oil is good for your hair as it gives texture and softens your scalp but when your hair follicles start to produce more oil, your hair will look greasy.
IS IT EFFECTIVE?
Although dry can be effective for your greasy hair but one should not skip their hair wash routine as they are not meant to cleanse away the dirt and grime from your hair. It will be only a temporary solution for your hair to look nice and fresh.
DRY SHAMPOO 101: HOW TO USE DRY SHAMPOO
Using dry shampoo is easy and less time consuming if you follow these steps below
1. To dry shampoo to work more effectively you need to shake the bottle before each use to evenly spread the particles on your hair.
2. Divide your hair into sections (focus more on the area where there is oil buildup).
3. Grasp the bottle 6 to 12 inches apart from your hair and spray the bottle little by little onto the sections. don’t forget the nape of your neck, above your ears, and in the back of your head.
4. Gently massage or run your finger through the sections to evenly spread the dry shampoo.
5. Comb your hair to further disappear the particles and leave it for 30 seconds for dry shampoo to do its wonders.
if you’d like, use a blast of cool air from a blow dryer for some added volume and natural bounce.
DRY SHAMPOO 101: WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING DRY SHAMPOO
1. TO ADD VOLUME
You don’t need to style your hair with multiple styling tools because dry shampoo can be used to replace heating tools. spraying dry shampoo (on damp hair) right before you style your hair can give you’re an instant volume and fluffiness. if you want you can give a touch of little backcombing or finish it off with a blow dryer.
2. YOUR HAIR COLOUR
Your hair color with time loss fades away after a few hair washes. to keep your hair color for a longer time, use dry shampoo in between your shampoo sessions to keep the hues and radiance for long.
3. TO GIVE YOUR HAIR A BLOW-DRY
Why waste your money to get yourself a blow dry from a salon or a high-end blow dryer instead you can achieve the red carpet diva look just by using dry shampoo that can give much better results in no time. spray a small amount of dry shampoo on the crown area and have ultimate blow dries hair
4. ABSORBS OIL
Dry shampoo soaks up the oils your scalp produces after a workout session or cleans away the dirt you get from spending too much time outside resulting in cleaner hair. it lets you go without shampooing your hair for 1 to 2 days.
DO’S AND DON’TS OF USING DRY SHAMPOO
1. Always shake it well before use just to get the product evenly distributed in your hair with an even ratio inside the bottle.
2. After spraying dry shampoo, you should wait for at least 30 minutes before running your fingers or combing through your hair to let the ingredients in dry shampoo absorb oil from your scalp.
3. Make sure to free your hair from any tangles and part your hair into sections so it can reach oilier parts.
4. Always take it with your wherever you go to have that shampoo-free look.
5. Choose the shade of your dry shampoo just the same as your hair color. A shade that is too light or too dark will cause flakiness on your hair which can give you a bad look.
1. Don’t spray too closely from your hair as it can be heavy and weigh down your hair.
2. Don’t spray too much dry shampoo. Using it too much can cause your hair to break and lead to dry hair. It will not cleanse your hair just as your regular shampoo. Keep in mind it is only designed to give your hair a temporary wash-free look.
3. Don’t spray dry shampoo on your wet hair as it will not absorb the oil. If you have wet and greasy hair at the same time wait for it to dry and then use dry shampoo.