Getting perfect hair care is something everyone wishes for which makes them spend thousands of pennies on finding the right hair care product that suits their hair type. But apart from that, your hair requires you to follow a proper hair care routine, at the same time, to have perfectly healthy hair. Just like your skin you should start with the basic steps so you can follow them for a perfect hair care routine.
And with that being said, here are the steps you need to follow to wash your hair the right way.
3 BASIC STEPS TO FOLLOW FOR PERFECT HAIR CARE ROUTINE
1. PRE SHAMPOO TREATMENT
Prepping your hair is important before you shampoo your hair just the way you do it to your skin to remove makeup and cleanse your skin first prior to moving on with the next steps. Pre-shampooing treatment helps your hair detangles itself. Also, pre shampooing step prepares your hair to further let your shampoo cleanse your hair more deeply.
OILING YOUR HAIR
You might have heard about your grandmother massaging oil on your mother’s hair that’s since they were acquainted with the notion of pre-shampooing treatment.
Your hair needs oil every once in a while regardless of your hair type. Oiling your hair ahead of shampooing removes easily the dirt from your hair when you shampoo. It provides your hair with nourishment and keeps the shine on your hair. Oiling is a rejuvenation process that removes any excess dirt from your scalp which is also touted for its conditioning properties.
If you have dry hair, therefore, massaging oil on your hair will leave behind soft and smooth frizz-free hair.
Massaging oil can furthermore perk up hair growth as it boosts up the blood circulation in your scalp, giving you long luscious strands.
You must apply hair oil 2 to 3 times a week. Warm-up any hair oil (make sure it is not too hot) massage it on your scalp for 5 minutes and keep it for 2 to 3 hours.
1. Start by applying oil from the left side of your palm.
2. After you apply oil cover your hair with a shower cap.
3. Massage oil with your fingertips or else your palm.
1. Do not keep oil for a longer time as it attracts a lot of dirt and grime.
2. Do not brush your hair after you apply oil.
3. Do not apply oil if you have dandruff as it can promote more hair growth.
APPLY HAIR MASK WHEN NEEDED
Hair masks always work the best to get extra shine, moisture with nourished hair. Covering your hair with hair masks may help provide deep conditioning outcomes and help you combat several hair-related issues.
Hair masks will treat your dry and damaged hair and prevent frizziness resulting in soft and smooth hair. Moreover, using a hair mask will also help retain moisture in your hair promoting a healthier scalp. Have a look at our best homemade hair masks for silky hair.
Now that you have oiled your hair, it’s time to move on with your favorite shampoo.
2. CLEANSE WITH SHAMPOO
The step involves cleaning your hair properly using a shampoo that will clean the entire dirt residue on your hair and scalp. You should, at all times, shampoo twice your hair. The first round will clean all the excess oil buildup secreted by sebaceous glands known as sebum as well as dead skin cells from your scalp. The next round will condition your hair length, making them appear shiny and clean.
There are some shampoos available for different hair types and when looking out for your hair, there are certain ingredients to use. Such as for people with dry hair should use a shampoo that labels coconut oil, argan oil, and shea butter. These ingredients will provide moisture to your hair due to its conditioning properties. On the other hand, people with oily hair should look for the ingredients such as tea tree oil as it helps to regulate the scalp’s oil production, providing you with a healthier and oil-free scalp.
1. Rinse your hair with warm water first. This will help open up your hair cuticle to let shampoo penetrate deeper resulting in a clean scalp.
2. Start applying the shampoo to our scalp and work your way to the roots.
3. Always mix your shampoo with a little bit of water to help spread it all over your hair.
4. Always use the fingertips and palm of your hand to massage your scalp.
1. Do not use your nails as they might scape away with natural oils leading to dry and dull hair also
2. Do not use excess shampoo and over wash your hair if you have dry hair as it can lead to hair damage due to excessive loss of natural oil.
3. If you have dry hair you don’t need to wash your hair twice a time.
3. POST SHAMPOO TREATMENT
USE A CONDITIONER
Not using conditioner might be one of the reasons your hair is still not working the way you do. The shampoo will only clean the dirt, dead skin cells from your hair but it is the conditioner that will keep your hair cuticle stay smooth and frizz at bay.
It is a must-have step from your hair care routine which conditions your hair and keeps your hair soft with an added shine to your hair strands. It improves hydrophobicity of your hair fiber. Moreover builds a protective layer over your hair shaft to protect it from the damage caused by your surroundings.
Simply pour out conditioner (the amount will depend on the length of your hair) on your palm rub it all over your hair (but not on your roots) and keep it for 2 to 3 minutes to help your hair strand absorb every compound out of it. Then rinse out your hair with cold water.
1. Apply conditioner to your ends as they are dry and applying conditioner will leave your ends with a shine.
2. Squeeze out all the excess water after rinsing your shampoo because wet hair will glide away from your conditioner.
3. Run a wide-toothed comb to evenly spread the conditioner.
1. Don’t apply conditioner to your roots because the heavy texture of conditioner can cause clogged follicles thus leading to a greasy scalp. This can also result in a flat root and an itchy scalp.
2. Don’t rinse your hair with hot water.
You can also try this homemade conditioner to have shiny and silky locks.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
1 tablespoon Shea butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon argan oil
2-3 drops of essential oil of your choice (Optional)
1. Melt 1 tablespoon Shea butter and 2 tablespoons coconut oil together using a double boiler method or simply put it inside the microwave oven.
2. Add 1 teaspoon argan oil to the melted mixture and mix it well.
3. Start by parting your hair into small sections and apply the mask from your roots to the ends of your hair.
4. Keep it on for 30 minutes.
5. Rinse it off with cool water.
Make your life easier by following these simple basic steps for a perfect hair care routine just the way you like it.