Not everyone is born with naturally glossy hair. Some work their way to achieve and spend their money and time to make their hair look super shiny and glossy but for some, it doesn’t work the same. Their wish remains the wish.
There could be several reasons for people with dull and rough hair. Lack of moisture is one of them and it comes about due to the environmental factors and using heat styling tools that not only damage your hair but give you frizz and split ends.
Here, in this post, we have simply listed some proven ways to make your hair glossy at home. Read on to know more about it.
LETS HAVE A LOOK AT TOP WAYS YOU CAN MAKE YOUR HAIR GLOSSY
1. GIVE YOUR HAIR A RINSE WITH COLD WATER
Everyone loves rinsing their hair with cold water until winter. People prefer warm water in winter which brings frizz to their hair. But if you rinse your hair with cold water even in the winter (I know its scary) that will make your hair cuticle frizz-free and open up, resulting in straighter and shinier hair. All you need to do is wash your hair first and give your hair a rinse at the end with cold water.
2. OPT FOR AN ALOE MASK
As you may know lack of moisture is one of the reasons you have dull hair that causes your hair to become rough. Aloe Vera provides nourishment to your hair. It brings moisture from the air and helps your hair retain moisture inside your hair cuticle as aloe vera contains polysaccharides which makes it a great moisturizing agent for your hair. Thus, providing hydration and helping your hair gain its shine.
To make your hair super glossy with aloe vera, dilute naturally extracted aloe vera gel in warm water. Apply it to your scalp and work your way down to the end of your hair. Next, comb through your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water next. Repeat this every time you wash your hair.
3. GET YOUR HAIR A SMOOTHIE
As tasty as it may sound, covering your hair with delicious fruits will give your hair salon-like protein treatment, making your hair extra glossy and give you silky and shiny hair. This homemade treatment will make your hair smooth and straight.
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1/3 cup of almond oil
1. Whisk one egg white in a bowl.
2. Mash one banana with a fork and mix it in egg white.
3. Now add 1/3 almond oil with ¼ cup of mayonnaise in it.
4. Section your hair and start applying the mask evenly.
5. Put all of your hair inside a shower cap for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Wash the hair mask using your regular shampoo.
4. RINSE YOUR HAIR WITH THIS SOLUTION
To create a rinse for glossy hair follow the steps down below.
1 teaspoon Honey
1 tablespoon Curd
2 teaspoon Tea leaves
1 tablespoon Glycerin
1. In a small mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon tea leaves and leave it for 2 minutes.
2. Now strain the mixture.
3. Mix one tablespoon of curd,1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of glycerin in it.
4. Rinse your hair with this solution and squeeze out the excess water.
5. Further cut the aloe vera plant from the middle and each side and directly apply it to your hair.
6. Leave it on for one to two hours. Rinse it off with water.
5. COFFEE FOR FRIZZ FREE SHINY HAIR
Coffee contains polyphenols and bioflavonoids that not only make your hair smooth but also improve blood circulation to your hair follicles. As a result, your hair is stronger. It also provides moisture to the roots which adds shine to the rest of your hair.
To get naturally glossy hair with coffee, you need to brew coffee first and cool it down to room temperature. Once cooled down, put it in the refrigerator. The very next day, massage your hair with cooled brewed coffee and let it stay for 30 minutes on your hair or you can add it to your conditioner and also coat your ends.
ADDITIONAL TIPS TO GET YOU GLOSSY AND SHINY HAIR
6. TRY AT-HOME STRAIGHTENING TREATMENT
Your hair is naturally glossy when they are straight. Your hair is easier to handle and provides a smooth and soft look. Here are some easy ways you can get straight hair at home.
1. Massage your hair with hot oil treatments as it improves blood circulation in your hair follicles. It will provide hydration and moisture to your hair and remove any oil residue on your scalp.
2. Try our hair masks to get straight hair naturally.
3. Give your hair a rinse with milk after you wash your hair with shampoo followed by a conditioner. Milk contains casein and whey protein which maintains hair growth also gives your hair strength to repair from damaged and dry hair. In addition to that milk has soothing properties which make your hair straight and soft.
4. Brush your wet hair once you have taken a hair wash. Repeat brushing every 5 minutes till your hair dries.
7. USE SATIN PILLOWCASE FOR SLEEP
Laying your head on any other cover than silk can damage your hair strands as it causes friction which leads to split ends, hair breakage, and dull hair. By sleeping on a satin pillowcase you allow your hair to become soft and smooth which makes it easier for your hair to appear glossy.
8. USE A WIDE-TOOTHED COMB
Choosing a comb greatly affects your hair more than ever when they are damp. Our hair forms knots after hair wash and when you comb through them vigorously they are prone to breakage. Instead, use a wide-toothed comb to avoid any breakage of hair follicles. Using such a comb will easily help you open any tangles in your hair. Start brushing from the bottom and firmly work your way up to the roots.
9. USE A GELATIN HAIR MASK
Gelatin will make your hair glossier when used as a hair mask. It mainly consists of the same protein as your hair. It provides nourishment to the hair strands toting up more gloss and shine to your hair while also preventing frizzy hair and tame flyaways.
Half a packet of powdered gelatin
1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
2 tablespoon milk or water
2 tablespoon hair conditioner (You can skip this if you have oily hair)
1. Warm 2 tablespoons of milk or use hot water in a microwave oven.
2. Add gelatin and whisk it until you get a thick gel-like mixture.
3. Coat the gel on your wet hair from roots to ends.
4. Cover your hair in a shower cap or a towel and let it stay for 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Rinse it off with shampoo.